[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Anyone played with the Fisher Transform?

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Gus,
>
> Glad you are enjoying the group. It is through yours and all the
rest
> of the members input that this site can be very informative.

I'm looking forward to learning a great deal from this group.

> To answer your question, the indicator Fisher Transform as
presented
> in TASC will not work. If you got yours to work would you post it?

Well, whether it's right or not I don't know but I _do_ like the
results. :)

I created a new indicator called Fisher Transform with Rate of Change
and added the following as its formula:

pr:=(H+L)/2;
len:=10;
maxh:=HHV(pr,len);
minl:=LLV(pr,len);
val1:=.33*2*((pr-minl)/(maxh-minl)-.5)+.67*PREV;
value1:=If(val1>.99,.999,If(val1<-.99,-.999,val1));
fish:=.5*Log((1+value1)/(1-value1))+.5*PREV;
fish;
10*ROC(fish,1,$)

I realize that there are two formulas in the article, which may be
found at:

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/TradersTips/TradersTi
ps.html#meta2

but I am only focusing on this one. I compared my results to a couple
of the examples in the article and I don't get the smoothing effects
I see in the examples but the crossovers look rather similar and the
crossovers are what I like in the results I get.

I am very new to MetaStock so I wouldn't recommend for anyone to take
my word on this but please experiment with it and let me know your
opinion.

I have spent some time with TC2000 and use it as well as MetaStock
(and even AmiBroker a little) but I am spending more and more time on
MetaStock now. I have been trying to "recreate" some of the TC2000
indicators in MetaStock and found a post in a Stocks & Commodities
message board for TC2000's TSV (Time Segmented Volume) by simply
using:

ROC(OBV(), 18, $)

(although the post mentioned using 19 days instead of 18) as the
formula.

The link for this post is:

http://message-
boards.traders.com/WebXdisplayMessage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx^3@xxxxxxxx/9

I am doing this in an effort to find a little more personal comfort
with indicators I am familiar with.

I also find that the Force Index

V*(C-Ref(C,-1))

is somewhat similar to TC2000's BOP (Balance of Power).

The only one left (of TC2000's indicators) is MoneyStream and I use
Price Volume Trend for that one.

Right now I am getting earlier signals from using Fisher Transform
with Rate of Change than using my version (or the poster's on the
message board, actually) of TSV in MetaStock with a 10-day simple
moving average.

In any case, I apologize for rambling on so long and look forward to
any comments. :)

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM