[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Version 8 issues

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "robert@xxxx" <robert@xxxx> wrote:
> You stated that you have switched charting packages
> four times.  You have used Super Charts and Metastock.
> What are the other packages that you have tried?  What
> did you like and dislike about them?
>
> Thanks.

Bob,

I used a couple of very simple packages at first.  Most of them have
severe limitations.  I like TC 2000 a lot for its organization, but
they do not allow you to put in custom formulas which just about
kills the whole thing.  One of the last features added to Super
Charts with Dial Data as fundamental information.  This was nice, but
limited.  Fortunately the Web is populated with a number of free
fundamental screens.  I liked the one attached to Meta Stock 7.0 but
was told it was an unfortunate victim of the WTC attack.  I see this
feature has been added back in Ver 8.0, but I have not seen anything
about how to add it back to 7.0.

The other program I am still playing around with is Stock Wiz.  This
is a great program in concept.  They allow complete access to all
aspects of the program and their data base includes extensive
fundamental information.  Every aspect on a chart is a programmable
element.  The limiting part is thier programming language which is
derived from LISP.  LISP is difficult for even programmers to use.
Again great in concept, but the Stock Wiz people are under funded and
as such suffer from quality issues in both data and program
robustness.

At the current time Meta Stock for a general purpose stock charting
program seems to be the best available.

Does anyone know of a good portfolio program.  I have been using
Quicken with Schwab, but am switching to Scott Trade and do not think
they have a trade confirmation downloader.  I am looking for
something that is automated to make tax reporting at the end of the
year simple.

Hope this helps.

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM