Re: MS 7.2 upgrade A JOKE

Mickey,

I have to agree with you that on the information I
have seen to date V7.2 release looks poor value. After reading the Equis PR
release it was not clear to me what exactly was new or improved from V7.03. I
therefore emailed Equis support yesterday and asked
specifically:-
1. If System Tester now works across multiple selected
securities simultaneously.
2. If Internet integration feature is now fully
customisable by users (I am in UK so hard coded US site links are useless to
me).
3. Are the new 26 "Trading Systems" which are included
customisable by users or are they just closed black boxes like many of the
Experts shipped with Metastock.
4. Have any improvements been made to formula
language.
5. Is there a comprehesive list of all the new features
and improvements in V7.2 from V7.03 (not just a Press Release).
When I get a reply will post info here.

IMO Equis seem to have lost their direction since
the takeover by Reuters. They certainly don't appear to be listening to
what existing Metastock users want (although they must be aware becuase they
monitor this board and the Yahoo Equis board). I suspect Equis are under
increasing commercial pressure from competitors like AIQ who have made big
inroads into the TA market. It now seems Equis are attempting to milk their
user base for easy revenue with successive minor upgrade charges plus
charging for various black box plug-ins/add-ons. Personally I think the approach
of closed black boxes and protected Experts etc. is completelly at odds
with the reason most users buy Metastock i.e. to design, experiment and
test their own trading ideas. It also worries me that Equis has found it
necessary to go out to a 3rd party for these plug-ins etc. - why didn't they do
the development themselves?, what about the support issues? Commercially
Equis may be trying to make Metastock more attractive to new users of TA
software but this market is well saturated already. I don't know why
Equis don't just stick to the traditional strengths of the MS product and
concentrate on enhancing it by LISTENING TO EXISTING USERS - then the product
really would be great. I also happen to use AIQ (no other connection other
than user) and they operate in almost complete contrast to Equis. They have an
excellent user group and beta test group plus the developers are
pro-active in encouraging input on new features required. The AIQ product is not
perfect (are they ever?) but they have made enormous progress in the past 2
years by being open and really listening to what user want and then making sure
they have delivered it. Apologies if this sounds like a plug for the AIQ
product - it's not meant to be (MS charting is better) - it's a plug for
the way the AIQ company does things.

IMHO one thing is for sure - if Equis do not wake up
soon there is only one direction they will be going (it aint up) and that
would be very sad for all us MS users.

John