Re: Pos Vol and Neg Vol

Lionel,

I used to use positive and negative volume indicators when trading on scale
of weeks. Now I abandoned them having moved to shorter periods - hard to get
anything sensible from Volume when averaging over just a few days, IMHO.
Also, on the time of weeks I didn't find the indicators useful if comparing
them to their long-term averages as advised in "Technical analysis from A to
Z". Rather, it seemed better to look at the tendencies (grow/decay) in their
shorter-term EMA. Also, I took them together with

{*MACD_(12,24) Norm. I_}

(Mov(C,12,E)-Mov(C,24,E))/(Mov(C,24,E)+0.000001)

asking all simultaneously to have the same tendency (grow/decay).

Anyway, they are:

{*Volume Index Negative Norm. MA 24E I_}

VolIndNegNorm:=NVI()/(Mov(NVI(),250,E)+0.000001);
VolIndNegNormAver:=Mov(VolIndNegNorm,24,E);
VolIndNegNormAver;

{*Volume Index Positive Norm. MA 24E I_}

VolIndPosNorm:=PVI()/(Mov(PVI(),250,E)+0.000001);
VolIndPosNormMovAver:=Mov(VolIndPosNorm,24,E);
VolIndPosNormMovAver;

Of course, the period=24 is just my "favorite", nothing magical. You may
want to play with other values as well.

I am frustrated with List server, cannot stand anymore numerous failures to
post. So I take a rest for a while - unsubscribe from it. Therefore, please
e-mail directly to me, if anything.

Cheers, Vitaly