Re: Reltime Qote Service

I've tried a few different ones over the years:

eSignal/DBC: Very reliable. Good integration with MetaStock. Lots of
interesting tools included with esignal software (such as volume by
price charts). Well supported by third parties. Only drawback is that
eSignal only offers DDE integration with external software (such as
Excel, of software you write)

Quote.com/QCharts/QFeed: Unreliable. I tried it for a few months. Every
day (Not an exaggeration, the feed was either slow, missing quotes,
Level II was stale, Island book didn't work, Options almost never
worked etc.). Visit their groups on the net for conformation. If you
have proprietary software they have an excellent API with full access
to everything. That's why I tried them out.

ATFinancial: I used them back in 1998. Was unreliable. Would suddenly
stop transmitting quotes for 30 secs, then resume. May have been fixed
in the mean time. I then switched to eSignal.

I summary: if you plan to use MetaStock, eSignal is by far the most
stable. It's also the cheapest if you're only interested in following
few securities.

Allan

=====
---