Realtime Quote Service

It is my understanding that the question initially was "what was the
cheapest live feed?"

Unfortunately in this business (as in most) "Ya gets what ya's pay
for".

My best recommendation is expensive... very expensive. I use CQG with a
satallite feed (Internet is too unreliable yet for my tastes).

I used to have TradeStation with BMI satellite feed, but trashed that
because the data was too dirty. You can have all the bells and whistles
you want (and TS has alot!), but if your data is no good, then you've
really got nothing. So I switched to CQG for the following reasons:

1. Superb data. I trade/hedge nat gas for a corporation, so I have a live
NYMEX data. This data is notoriously full of bad ticks and trades that
are taken down. I used to spend all day editing out bad ticks with BMI,
but with CQG, the data is cleaned for me. If a bad tick comes on the
screen, within a couple of seconds it is taken out of the chart. If a
trade is struck down in time and sales, then it is taken out of the
chart. The data is clean.

2. Robust software. I run my computers hard. I have CQG on a double
monitor system, with many windows open. I have never, not even once, had
the system crash on me... not once (touch wood!). TS used to crash
regularly and lock up as well.

3. Support: what can I say... they're there. They know what they're
doing. With TS, I've spent hours on hold.

4. Systems: Most of the major systems have been ported to CQG and are
there ready to implement (e.g., Bill Williams Profitunity; Kase's
Statware; Advanced Get, etc.)

One drawback: the software is fully graphics based, and I like it, but it
is not the normal Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office layout. So you have
to learn a different windows environment. But a minor drawback given the
benefits.

And before anyone asks, I do not have any connection with CQG, I'm just a
very happy customer... who pays (OK, I know you were going to ask this
one as well) $1257 per month. This is all in: software, two screens,
data, exchange fees, trading systems, etc.

(I also corrected the spelling mistakes in the subject line; they were
driving me crazy!).

Bob.