Re: intruders

Guy, sorry to mix you up with your brother Jim.  You two look so much alike!

As far as high-speed links, I would definitely look at what the lowest
guaranteed bandwidth is before I would sign up.  USWorst is our provider out
here in Colorado, and they offer 256K to 1 Gigabit speeds...though I doubt
if those are guaranteed bandwidths.  Anyway, at the moment you have to be
within about 3 miles of their business office or they can't provide you with
an all digital circuit.

We have a pretty good wireless ISP here, + Hughes DirectPC dropped their
prices a few months back.  If I was in my own home I would go with one of
them.  But am in an apt, they turned me down for running an extra cable for
the wireless, and its looking now like I might move when my lease is up in 3
mos.  So I'm stuck with 56K, which is not too bad (ok I lied)!

I looked at PingPlotter and really liked it, just never got around to using
it, so I didn't feel I needed to buy it.  So far I'm hack free.  I have NAV
5.0 too, and it caught the CIH virus a couple months ago in the AIQ
discussion forum.  Although I know I'm not bullet proof, so far I've had no
problems...but the world is definitely a dangerous place these days.

Walter, from the "hacked" site that you provided, it looks to me like the
IntruderAlert site was hacked into...so, why would I want to buy their
software?

Regards,
Dave