RE: intruders

Dave

Jim's my brother <G>.  Anyway, Walter had an earlier post concerning a
hacked version or a hacked site.  I thought I'd take some extra time (like
tonight) to look at the Bonzi site and sort of browse around.  I do have the
latest Norton AV (updated as of 48 hours ago so I hope it's the latest) so
I'm not too worried about the download.

I just want to take an extra few minutes when I get a chance later, to plod
through their site, FAQ, etc.

My local cable company's ability to provide a cable modem is probably 2
years away.  On one of the other forums I frequent (TVRO stuff) one of the
members was discussing his cable modem.  Sounded like a nightmare.  As more
and more users come online, your speed drops.  His cable modem ISP only
guarantees 28.8 and there are times when he can't even hit those numbers.
He quoted one download at 128Bps.  Was really upset to say the least.  The
ISP's service techs state that if he is receiving at least 28.8 everything
is fine....  I guess their definition of fine and mine are from two
different planets.  While my provider (GTE) only guarantees a low number
(I'll have to look that one up) I know it is a lot higher than 28.8.

Anyway, we were discussing a specific software package which gives you the
ability to go out and trace your connections in background and show each
node on the connection and at level it was performing at.  They have a
freeware version, but I popped for the BIG PACKAGE @ $15.  <VBG>  Seems to
be highly rated.

If you are interested, take a look at Ping Plotter.  There are other things
I'm starting to look at as well.  A lot of my search has been aided by guys
on this forum and someone like Glen who is also on my firewall forum.

http://www.nessoft.com/pingplotter/files.html

Regards

Guy

Regards