Re: Positive & Negative Reversals

ROSOW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Walter et al.  As I mentioned before a Positive Reversal happens when an
> oscillator such as the RSI has a lower valley low at the same time the price
> moves to a higher high.  This was developed by Andrew Cardwell to use for
> price forecasting.

Maybe I haven't been following the thread closely enough, but I did
not see a reference to the development work by Cardwell.  If you have
a reference, please post it (again?).  I would like to read more
about the kernel of the idea.

> You label (3) oscillator pivots, (2) oscillator lows
> (A&B) and the highest oscillator high between points A&B (C). The Positive
> Reversal price projection formula goes as follows: (B-A) + C = Price
> projection/target.  The price data associated with oscillator points A, B & C
> are the #'s you through into the above formula.  I have attached a Dow weekly
> chart with (3) examples of Positive Reversals of which one may be taking
> place right now.  Let me know what you all think - Lenny.

Can you trade in?  In other words, have you back tested an implementation
of the system and shown a (test) profit?

Rod