Off Topic: Choice of Processor

Hi,

I am about to upgrade my current PC which is an NEC PII 233mhz.  I am
not an expert when t comes to hardware and therefore seek views as to an
appropriate upgrade.

Its main use would be for running metastock pro, excel, word, netscape
etc and it would be part of a LAN network.  I don't think I would  be
using it for any heavy duty graphics.

Browsing the shelves of Comp-USA it looks like my choices are between an
Intel Celeron, PII or PIII.  Can anyone give some suggestions and in
particular describe the differences between the 3 processors?  Whatever
the choice, I would have a minimum of 64meg or RAM and would prefer to
use win95.

Also as a bechmark, which Celeron chip would be the equivalent to my
current PII 233mhz?

Email direct if you prefer.  Thanks in advance.

Essan Soobratty.