RE: Reuters Data "Service"

I have also had problems recently downloading EOD data from DataLink. - Chip

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 10:35 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reuters Data "Service"

Anybody else unable to download data this evening? 4-21?

I'm finding today's problem with Reuters as the worse ever as I have
been unable to get data even by limiting my request to only a few
issues.

This is really intolerable, not having access to the data I'm paying a
high price for. One day without data can mean missing a large
opportunity.

I do hope this ongoing situation is fixed soon or once again I will be
forced to switch to yet another service. I do value Reuters data quality
but with the higher cost I don't see why we're not getting reliable
delivery also.

I suppose they will give one of those "canned" responses of how there is
a problem with a server that they will have fixed shortly only to have
it return once again in the future. It's my belief that the real problem
lies in stretching their resources too thin to make a larger profit and
when we have a "heavy" usage day the system falls apart.

What do you say Reuters? ... John