Is it just me?

All -

I'm a new MetaStock user and find this list to be extremely helpful as I try
to digest the program.  One newbie question -- In the past few days, I've
created a handful of simple systems to test (crossing M/A and M/A
penetration for entry condition with and w/o trending ADX as filter) with
max loss stops.  Pretty simple stuff -- but, none of the systems I've looked
at so far beat buy-and-hold.  Now granted I haven't run the tests of lots of
stocks, but is the Buffet method of long-term buy and hold really the only
game in town?

Still struggling,
James