Re: Weekly moving avg on Daily chart

Adam,

I think I was just plain lucky to come up with that acorn.<g>   Believe me, I
tend to complicate things too.  Some stuff I posted in the past had a lot of
unnecessary junk in it.  It usually takes me a while to separate the wheat from
the chaff. <g>   I've found that the best way to speed up that process is to
simply post to the list the first thing that I come up with.  It's a safe bet
that as soon as that thing reaches my inbox, I'll see a better way to do it.
:-)    Seldom fails.  Yesterday I thought that acorn was pretty spiffy until I
saw that your code plots on the current day.  Kind of took the fun out of
it.<g>   Last nite I tried to use your method on a weekly ma but fortunately,
as usual, there were periods of mass confusion on my part.  I got so confused
that I ended up trying to figure out what the heck MY code was saying.  Then I
guess something happened because all of a sudden I realized that if I removed
the shell, I would get to the meat of the thing. <g>   I took out an
unnecessary condition from the code and the dang thing worked!  Amazing!  Just
when I thought all hope was lost.  Generally I try not to look at other
people's code if I am working on anything even remotely similar unless I'm
really stumped because A) sometimes it makes my head spin trying to figure out
what's what, and B) I tend to get locked into the author's line of thought, not
that that's a bad thing, it's just that like you say, there are sometimes more
than one way to do things.  Oh yeah, and C) I guess I'm a little bit stubborn.
:-)   What I'm saying is that I was stumped and needed to study how you did it.

I'm glad that I can still amaze someone from time to time.  Lord knows it
doesn't happen very often!  <G>   And speaking of amazing, you came up with a
way to combine two indicators into one that had stumped me for a LONG time.
That was one that I just had to study how you did it.  I don't remember which
it was, but I'm glad you posted it.

E-mail me anytime...I'll be glad to give you my thoughts on your project, but I
believe you're better at this stuff than I am so don't get you hopes up, but I
guess you never know where an idea might come from. <g>   I never do.

Regards,
Ken

--
mailto:divenfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx