Re: Dow Theoretical

At 11:56 PM 3/17/99 -0600, Al Taglavore wrote:

>First time I have heard of Dow Theoretical.  Got a not to nice reply from
>Primate, and still do not know how it is calculated or why theoretical
>would be used/preferred.

The Dow Theoretical is calculated by taking all 30 components' highs (or
lows) for the day -- whenever they were made -- and dividing by the
"divisor".  It dates from the before-computer days when it was impossible to
make second-by-second calculations of the Dow.

Its only advantage: gaps in the Dow Theoretical are REALLY significant.

-- Walt Deemer