RE: data download template

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Bradley C. Mitchell wrote:

> Sounds good, I just want to say that i am not against "free data'but i like
> to push a button and walk away.  If i need 10yrs of data on an equity i can

OK, to test free vs. non-free data I propose the following tickers:

Stocks:

MSFT
CPQ

Indices:

OEX
SPX

Futures:

I will retrieve free historical EOD data for these tickers. I will compare
day for day against any non-free data anyone wishes to send to me. Please
send as a zipped ascii file with date,open,high,low,close,volume where
possible. Please limit the data set to the last 10 years but send at
least one year's worth of data. Also, state the source (QuoteMonkey, etc.)
I will post the results and supporting data on the xmlworks site.

Regarding the use of Access as a data store: this is a good idea and it
is easy to move the data into Excel for analysis. The database I
developed a couple of years ago had related tables such as market sector.
I will try to locate the file if anyone is interested in further
development on it.

And yes, retrieval can be done via 'one button'.

Cheers,

Jim