RE: data download template

Lionel,

Yahoo can provide you with data in "csv" format for a range of dates.

Here's how you do that manually (I'm trying to figure out how to
automate it):

Get a quote on a symbol. make sure you get one of the "Views" that
shows the "More Info" box. In that box click the "Chart" link. You'll
then get a graph and below that you'll see options for: "Small",
"Big", and "Table".  The "Table" options are "daily", weekly",
"monthly", "dividends". Each of the first 3 will give you historical
quotes based on the respective time period. So, if you're looking for
daily historical quotes then click the "daily" link. You'll then get a
nice table which you can adjust for date range. At the bottom of the
table is a link "Download Spreadsheet Format" which will do as it
says.

I've been working trying to crack the Yahoo "code" used to download
this data.

For instance code to download historical data for Ge from 12/31/97
thru 3/17/99 would be:

http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=ge&a=12&b=31&c=97&d=3&e=17&f=99&g=d
&q=q&y

Of course, some of this code is obvious. And some of it isn't...

Anyone cracked the Yahoo code?

Dale