Re: What's worse than no data? !

Allen, Bill, Chris and All...

I am aware of the other data problems that have existed for a long time,
like data "spikes" where the high or low is a mile from the close/open.
I have taken the time every now and then to scan with the explorer for
these problems and manually go in and correct the files. I know Reuters
has some kind of correcting mechanism to solve this problem
automatically and if the problems have been resolved with the ID800
thing I might just give them a try, as Bill N. in Milwaukee has
suggested.

Thanks everybody for the different responses reiterating the same
problems I'm having. At least I'm not in the poor situation of folks who
have AIQ like Bill Saxon with only Telescan or Dial Data, (Bill, I have
heard even worse things about Dial Data over the years). Thanks Chris
from New Zealand on Stockwiz, I'll check them out before I try Reuters.

One more thing, maybe Bill can help with this, I need a list of
indeces(dow, s&p, vix, adv/dec, trin, etc.) and the symbols that Reuters
uses before I switch. A while back I was discouraged with Telescan and
checked with Reuters for such a list, got the runaround, they said they
would mail one only after I subscribed, never got one and stuck with
crappy Telescan data. Does a list of symbols exist on a web sight or
could someone with a file attach it to a post?

It doesn't seem to be that hard to find bad data when I download, just
me and my little computer and Metastock. With the resourses Telescan
has, I don't see how they manage to miss all the bad data, amazing!

Thanks again... John