Re: Off topic: new computer

Hi Lionel,

I'm not sure what you mean by "hard drive configuration is different".

The best program that I've used is Ghost  www.ghost.com...now out of Symantec
www.symantec.com.

Laplink will do it but Ghost is SLICK....

It will copy drive to drive with various configurations....

It is a DOS program so you must use DOSLFNBK to convert the long file names
prior
to the disk transfer and then restore the long file names.... no sweat...

E-mail me privately if you have any questions or it you feel the list will
benefit
e-mail the list...

t2ul8tr

Hugh

At 09:59 AM 10/9/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>I am moving to a faster computer.  Both computers use Win98. The hard drive
>configuration is different on the computers.
>
>What is the easiest or best way to transfer programs from the old to the new
>computer?
>
>Some programs were downloaded from the web, so I have no disks or CDs; other
>programs have been modified (patches, additional functionality etc) so that
>the original CD no longer fully represents the  what I have on my computer
>
>I have set up a direct cable connection, this works for data, but not so
>well with programs.  I have used CleanSweep to transfer a few programs, but
>the process is slow and doesn't always work if there are several programs in
>the folder.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Lionel Issen

                                   \\\\!////
                                   (  @ @  )

                 MI-COM Technology
       Computer Solutions for Small Business
Helping you access and travel the Information Highway

                 Hugh A. Valliant

      Bus.  (416) 726-5355   Fax. (416) 699-3847

        E-mail         valliant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            http://www.mi-comtech.com/