Re: "Trade The Trend" - Freebie - DD Trend Formula

I tried a ma cross on the DDTI but I think one would get better results
applying the left hand scale (where max. value of indicator would be 18)
and waiting for a peak of 17 or 18 then a valley below 10 (although a
real CANSLIM performer may only touch 10/11 briefly before rising) and
then a rise up through the 9,10,11 region from below. Buy on the rise,
sell when the trend breaks or indicator peaks and shows weakness.

Here is the filter I am using.  Really down days in the market tend to
produce a short list (since this is a long trade identifier).

When(colA,>,.5) AND
When(VOLUME,>,10) AND
When(colC,>,8) AND
When(colC,<,13) AND
When(colC,>,colD) AND
When(colB,>,0.90) AND
When(Mov(C,40,S),>,Ref(Mov(C,40,S),-1))

column a tests to see if the close is greater than 50cents
second line tests to see if volume is gretaer than 1000 shares
third line indicator is greater than 8
fourth line indicator is less than 13
fifth line indicator is greater than yesterday's value
sixth line indicator is 90% or more than the value of the 200day moving
average when used on weekly data.
seventh line 40 period ma is greater than yesterday's 40 period (200day
ma if run on weekly) ma.

You could always pick a day in the past and rerun.

You should pick a handful out of 1900.