Re: Re[4]: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr

I agree Gary. Good wordage.
Relativism is a pretty poor excuse for condoning things IMHO. He's not as bad
as ... whoever, so it's OK.!!! Everyone else is doing it, kind of stinkin'
thinkin'. Would that mean that this guy murdered less people than that guy so
he's not so bad. The comparisons are being made against the wrong standard, if
you ask me [Yes, I know you didn't].
So now if we are already using the wrong standard for comparison and the
leaders of our country become the standard for measurement than we need good
moral, responsible, honest leaders with a little bit of integrity. I always
tell my son I you would be embarassed by something you might do, then don't do
it. It works for me and it works for him. Too bad no one told this to Willy.
Ain't it funny these comparisons are never to the 'good guys' whoever they may
be. Why aren't people saying he's not as good as <... insert your favorite
upstanding person...>. On second thought I guess it's not funny.