RE: the real question

Al

The Italians in my family are by marriage.  My mother is one of 7 girls and
2 boys.  A couple of Italians or Sicilians snuck in there somewhere.

My name was originally Hungarian and was spelled using the Cyrillic
alphabet.  When my grandfather immigrated to the US before the turn of the
century, they asked him what his name was.  He told them Fenwishy (or
however you would spell it).  Someone there at Immigration spoke Hungarian
and said that meant evergreen.  Someone else there said that's Tannenbaum in
German.  Welcome to the US Mr. Tannenbaum.  He shortened it to Tann for
business reasons.  He was a close friend of Henry Ford and they used to
womanize together all the time.  Don't want to say anything, but he died of
a stroke from too much partying before he was 60 years old <ggg>.  Talk
about burning out early.

Don't want to discuss his business acumen (he did fairly well <ggg>) but at
one point he turned down a 25% interest in Ford Motor Company when Henry
offered him stock instead of money to pay his bills.

Regards

Guy