Re: Weekly Pick (long), ...picking weakly

Von Hef wrote:

>  Hi John,
> What is OSCP?
> The formula that I call "Price Oscillator" is written as follows:
>
>      If( PeakBars(1, CLOSE, 2)  <  TroughBars(1,CLOSE,2),
>         {then}CLOSE-Peak(1,CLOSE,2),
>            {else}CLOSE-Trough(1,CLOSE,2));
>
> I find that since I have written a "System Test", "Expert Advisor",
> and an "Explorer", it is easier for me to "call" this formula than
> to write it in all 3, multiple times.
> I read some of the post in this group and I'm amazed at the
> ability of those who can predict market direction!
> I would like to further clarify that  am not able to speculate market
> direction.......so I  use my system NOT for predicting future
> actions, just to follow the action as close as I can. This oscillator
> is used in my system to show the peaks and seems to work well
> in my "Expert Advisor" to generate buy and sell signals. Since I
> work mostly in commodities I'm not sure if it would be of any
> use in long term stock trades.
>  Thanks,
>       Adam

Adam

If you have Metastock 6.5 look at page 240. The price oscillator
function is oscp(periods,periods,ma_method,diff_method) Therefore you
can vary the input parameters to see if they can give you any better
results. This is called either tweaking or screwing up a good thing.

John