Re: Weekly Pick (long)

> Many have tried to reproduce the IBD rankings. I have never seen any
> successful results. The real power comes in that the stock is ranked against
> all other stocks in their database rather than some mythical index. BTW: The
> rankings use data from the last 12 months with a weighting towards closest
> quarters .
The only reason I brought this up was because there are two people in
our local metastock users group who have used IRL to actually obtain
better results, as far as industry group rotation. They would get the
signals several weeks in advance of the same IBD industry group
advances.

> "I have learned that keeping track of the market does give me more
> information to make decisions on. i.e., hopefully information to bias the
> trade in my favor."
My point here was more about information not about a particular stock.

Harley