Re: Weekly Pick (long)

John,

I am not sure what you are asking but I will
assume you are asking about the industry group
rotation. The way the new IRL is set up you can
perform a momentum test for all indices groups.
You can see a report that is similar to a
spreadsheet. Where the columns are your weeks and
the rows are the industry groups. You can then see
which ones are moving up and which are moving down
in the spreadsheet. When building the indices he
would screen stocks out that are less than $5 or
$7. This is all very similar to Ian Woodard IRG -
blah, blah, blah. Sorry can't remember all of
Ian's techniques.

What they did differently was use Chailkins Money
Flow in their screening.

Then they would pick the top 5 or 10 groups that
were moving up with the greatest momentum. They
would then select 19 or 20 stocks from those
industry groups. Then they would put these stocks
in their watch list. The above screening of the
industry groups were done on weekly data and on a
weekly basis.

I don't remember all the details since he is about
10 steps ahead of me in his experience as a stock
picker. And as usual I have my hands full just
trading. However, as I have become more efficient
at my use of time and have gained more experience.
I have begun to explore methodologies for
selecting stocks.

Hopefully this gives you some idea of what they
were doing.

Harley