RE: Times are a changing? Increasing volatility

Chris

You want to be real careful using that ZigZag indicator.  I didn't really
read the description in the MetaStock manual a few years ago and started
playing with it.  Built a dynamite trading system.  Unfortunately, because
of the way it works, the last day always changed so that my signals were
perfect.  I thought I had figured out how to mint money.  Told my dad what I
had done and he cracked up.

Thought it was too easy.

Our internal data base that we keep on line goes back to 1990 for about 25
different futures and to 1986 for the S&P and Bonds.  We have on floppies
(5.25" naturally) modified continuous data back to the 1970s.  Don't even
know if we can even read them.  For years we used to back test way way back.
We have since changed our philosophy and feel that recent history is more
important than ancient history.

Since we have done our detailed back testing all the way back to 1986 and
not before, I can't challenge your statement identifying the change in
volatility.  For some reason, it appears to me that something else has
happened more recently.  Again, I love the volatility.  Our system thrives
on it.  I just have this feeling that everything is working 'too good' and
that something is going to happen to kick me in the rear :).

I guess I just can't stand prosperity.

Guy