Re: Times are a changing? Increasing volatility

Guy Tann wrote:

>We seem to be seeing increased volatility in our maket (S&P futures).

This is, I think, reflected in equities too.  At least from where I am
trading (in outback Australia), there has been a marked increase in
volatility in the market recently - no doubt because of a sense that the
bull market is ending. But in fact the volatility change goes back to about
1986.

A while ago I did a study of the Australian All Ordinaries trends.  Using
the ZigZag indicator to pick out relatively short term trends, and then
differentiating the result to show the rate of price change I found that
from about 1986 onwards there has been increasing 'noise' in the market.  I
am attaching a chart of this which is quite interesting.

Does this mean that the older TA indicators and trading methods have become
less useful?

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\XAOzigzag.gif"