Re: Wish List

Moin Wolfgang, >It seems that most people have no clear preference, as long as they can >read the list. I think Word 6.0 would serve most people best I guess so, too. SO, WORD 6.0 IT IS GOING TO BE!! >meanwhile I got a Word 97 to Word 6.0 converter. The only thing I had to >do was filling out 3 forms at MS online support, then my harddisk was >spinning for 3 min. I think big Bill knows me better now :-). Yep, the "Service Pack" for Office97 is now available for the German version as well. For those who're interested: Win97 has a new internal format which is _not_ compatible with Word6. Before the SP, the only way to make Word97 files readable to Word6 was to convert them to RTF-files which Word6 had to convert in its turn. The main functionality of the SP is to enable Word97 to save its files in the original Word6 format.     Btw. the only reason I upgraded to Office97 was the multi-level undo in Excel and the finally coherent impementation of Visual Basic for Applications across Word, Excel and Access. >P.S. It seems that you live in Germany, but your first name sounds >Dutch. Anyway if you want to, you could write in German to me. You are sooo right. I come from the Netherlands (& will retain my nationality) but have been living in Germany for 25+ years, now. I live in Cologne but work in Munich, so you might say I'm a Weekend-Commuter.     Although I work for a bank (Muenchener Hypothekenbank eG), I'm a professional programmer (C++ etc.), and for me playing the market is just that: a hobby. As I'm only 9 years from retirement, our money is very solidly invested (+/- 70% bonds, +/- 20% stocks (using a modified Higgins system (cf. The Motley Fool))). With a very, very small amount of what's left over, I play the market: Warrants only. Btw. no insider knowledge here because my bank only issues 'pfandbriefe' (translation ???). >As you seem very proficient at Metastock ... Thank you, but I'm not. For guys who're really proficient in MS, turn to people like Larry Estes and others. I started the wish list because I'm studying Chande & Kroll, focussing on variable time in indicators. Nearly every time I try to implement one of their ideas, in MetaStock I run up against a stone wall. The fact that MS, in my eyes arbitrarily, refuses to accept time as a variable in almost all cases has been driving me crazy *). Or can anyone understand why the humble Sum(C,T) refuses to accept T as a variable??? *) Almost. Here's some good advice for MS-Users and Traders in general: When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream and Shout. (cit. Robert Heinlein) >I would like to talk to you on the phone one evening. What a nice idea. Here's my phone#: +31 89 5387 691 That's my office# but you can reach me there nearly every evening fm Mon thru Thu up to 19:00 or so, studying THE CHARTS ;-) Kind Regards & Happy Trading to You & Everyone Else on the list, Jan Willem Roberts