Re: After Market Closes Trading

Bob,

> I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss.  Someone please correct me if I
> am wrong, but I do not think that it is legal to trade a stock outside of
> the posted trading hours of the exchange upon which the stock is listed.

This is becoming interesting.

I came across ads (on TAoS&C) of brokerages claiming they could execute orders after
hours: so I don't think it's either way illegal. Maybe the point is trades are executed
off-exchanges, that is on Instinet or else.

Furthermore, I have been asking myself about regional exchanges: since thay are located
west of NY their closing time may differ. Isn't Pacific Excheange in San Francisco? How
can it trade the same hours of the NYSE?

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy