Re: Pattern matching

I am not quite sure how you would sum binary waves to obtain a binary
number. Then again I might just be missing some of the math you are
using.

I was thinking of something along the lines of an ascending triangle.
Lets say I want to identify the the following (in chronological order)
S1 = lowest point for the triangle
R1 = max of the first thrust which represents the resistence and the top
side of the triangle
S2 =  low which follows R1 but higher than S1
R2 = the max of the next thrust.

My thoughts are that I can go through a couple of charts to get a range
of values for % change from S1 to R1. Then use some value in % change
from the low at S1 to high at R1. The goal here with % would be to
screen out noise.

I think the same thing would be true for R1 to S2. Screen with a strict
inequality for S1 < S2.

To find the general neighborhood of the points S1, R1, S2, R2 use the
alert function.
The idea would be to pair the points in alerts as follows:
1:  S1 <  S2 in the alert over 5 to 10 days. (Looking at some charts
will give some better numbers.)
2:  R1 > S1
3:  R1 > S2
4:  R2 > S2

In the columns I would want to know the value of Abs( R1-R2).
A possible representation of S1 and S2 would be:  S1 := ref(llv(L,2),-3)
and S2:= llv(L,2)

Here I want a local neighborhood around S1 and S2 that are small. This
is the LLV(L,2). I shift S1 back so the neighborhoods do not overlap.
Hence S1: = ref(llv(L,2),-3).

This is just the idea part. I hope you kind of get the idea of what I am
thinking about.

Harley