Re: Pattern matching

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Harley Meyer wrote:

> I am not quite sure how you would sum binary waves to obtain a binary
> number. Then again I might just be missing some of the math you are
> using.

Suppose you have 4 binary waves (n = 0..3)
For each binary wave it is either 0 or 10^n.

Example:
w0 = 1 * 10^0 = 1
w1 = 0 * 10^1 = 0
w2 = 1 * 10^2 = 100
w3 = 1 * 10^3 = 1000

Sum(w0..w3) = 1101
Treat this sum as a binary string and convert
to hexadecimal = 0xD

So you can pack 8 market states per byte and use strings of these to
represent patterns. I am not trying to limit myself to using only MS, but
using it as a tool to generate the state strings.

Cheers,

Jim
--
http://www.ilinks.net/~airesearch/marketalert/