Re: A few questions on data providers

Hello Bruce

I was in the same predicament having been a customer of InfoGlobe.  I
initially switched to Dial Data as the suggested data provider even
though I use MS 6.5 and Reuters might have been a better candidate.
I had reasonable service with Dial Data even though they initially
billed me for incorrect amounts.  That was corrected after a couple
of emails and phone calls - a nuisance more than anything else.

They provide most of the data that I require, which appears to be
similar to your needs - Cdn EOD stocks/indexes as well as US.  I
experienced some dirty data and no volumes for the TSE.  So, with
some annoyances, Dial Data was OK as far as they went.

My useage was, IMHO, not worth the cost and so I went looking for
ohter providers.  I am now using NetQuote which provides everything I
need for EOD except, unfortunately TSE volume.  This appears to be a
problem for US data providers for some reason.  I get the volume
number from the TSE www site and input manually.  A nuisance but not
bad considering I am now paying $7.00 per month for 500 quotes.

The price is certainly right for me.

It was a bit of a hassle to get used to the download and update
program with NetQuote and I did have to manually change all the stock
and index symbols in MS but I found the service/response from
NetQuote to  be quick and good.

You can find out about prices/service/programs etc on their www site
at   www.netquo.com/

The first month is free.  All the downloading and converting of EOD
data is now working very smoothly for me.  I have a fast internet
connetcion and the download of about 500 stocks takes about 5
seconds.  Much faster than the phoneline InfoGlobe or Dial Data
connections that I was using.

All in all....while there was a bit of fiddling to get things
running, I am pleased with NetQuote both for data and price.

Ralph