Re: Pattern matching

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Harley Meyer wrote:

> This was the first time I have seen a post on pattern recognition that
> could be used in Metastock. It would take some work to program for
> patterns. Also, by your example, I can see the extension into chaos
> theory.

Something I have been thinking about to utilize MS for genetic programming
is to use a sum of binary waves to produce an output which would be
equivalent to the pattern. If each binary wave is a power of ten, then the
sum can be interpreted as a binary number (provided that wave n is either
10^n or 0), and converted to a symbol (e.g. hexadecimal representation).

Cheers,

Jim
--
http://www.ilinks.net/~airesearch/marketalert/