Re: Breaking into Futures Tip...

Your regular commodity broker should offer 24 hour service.  You place
your bid/ask as you normally would.  Since all of Globex is electronic
trading (no open outcry system...pit), it does not accept stop, limit,
order cancels order, or any of the other "pit" accepted orders.
However, Lind Waldock was the first to offer a method of accepting
"limit" type of orders and "stop" type of orders.  (These orders have a
technically different method of execution on Globex than on Day
orders).  The CME does offer real time trading screens on several
products.  At NO COST!!
If you will go to www.cme.com and select prices, then live price quotes,
you will be taken to an introductory page.  I use Market Research.  I
tried Townsend Analytics, but could not make it work.  Follow the
instructions, register, and you can follow/trade the E-Mini, currencies,
and some of the newer products....24 hours a day!!  It is great that the
exchange introduces a new product and makes it s-o-o easy to trade.
They will also send you a full package with trading approaches from four
of the top S&P traders.  Included in the package is a CD with several
years of tick history.  Again, all at no cost.

HOWEVER....be aware that 24 hour trading can be habit forming.

Al Taglavore