Breaking into Futures Tip...

As mysterious as "overnight trading" may sound, I've come to believe that
it's easier to trade S&Ps on Globex than during the day (not that one can't
be successful during the day also <G>).

The reason for this is that, although the trading volume is thinner, the
speed with which small players must move to avoid losing their shirt is
dramatically reduced most of (but not all) the time.

The technical indicators that would lead one to be successful during the day
(if only it didn't move so quickly) work the same way that they do at night,
albeit sometimes they look a bit more erratic because of more price gaps due
to volume thinness in the middle of the night.  They just (usually) move in
slower motion.

The one problem is that one can't place stop orders on Globex.  So, if
you're small like me you pretty much have to devote yourself to watching the
screen for a few hours...

I thought this would be interesting to the list given Equis delivering a RT
product at some point.

Steven Buss
Walnut Creek, CA
sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx