RE: NYSE Unchanged data

In an earlier note I said:
>Yes, but wouldn't the number of declines also increase? Therefore the ratio
> of advances to declines should not change that much, if at all. I'm speaking
> theoretically, I did not take a close look at the data.

In case this wasn't clear, what I meant was that if the number of unchanged
issues decreases for the reason previously mentioned, then BOTH the number
of advances AND declines should increase proportionately.

So the ratio of advances to declines should not change enough to affect the
A/D line, which is probably the most commonly used market breadth indicator.

-- john --  ( MS 5.11 & DOS, TechniFilter Plus 7.1.5 )