[amibroker] Re: What can a proven programming loser like me do with AB / AFL?

Hi Sam,

I will chime in here as well, as someone who was in exactly in your position exactly nine months ago. I couldn't program anything, and desperately wanted to kick start a trading business. I came to the conclusion that the only way I could do that would be to learn Amibroker and AFL.

I bought Howard Bandy's books, and paid a modest sum to  have a couple of systems coded by Graham K.. Then I just sat in front of my computer screen for the last 9 months, full time, and just kept trying out different things. Anytime I was stuck, which was often, I posted to this board. As long as you are willing to do your homework, you will find many kind volunteers here who will help you out.

Even to this day, I still post my amateurish debugging questions, and there is always someone (usually Mike) who spots the bug and sets me straight.

It does take effort, though. AFL is a full blown programming language. And for a non-programmer (like I was) it can often be tough. Can't tell you how many times I was about to throw in the towel.

But now, nine months later, I have a full blown automated trading system, many hundreds of lines of code, that is capable of trading 24/7.

Of course actually making a profit...well, I'm still working on that. Almost there...  ;-)

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/