[amibroker] Re: how to compare slope

If the OP wants to compare % change over time, then you are correct.

 However, if he truly wants to compare slope, and only slope, then the calculation below does that.

It really depends on what he wants to compare in his system. Maybe as far as his system in concerned, a one point rise over one bar, whether the underlying symbol is priced at $10 or $100, is considered equivalent. I've written some systems like that - where I am only interested in the true slope of price action. And in other systems, I use a normalized approach to get % change, in which case the underlying price makes a difference.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/