[amibroker] Re: Metastock external EOD update & Amibroker MS plugin

CS thanks for the response.

The answer is yes to your questions below.

Each MS directory has a Master & Emaster & are accessed by both
Metastock & Tradestation on this machine (done so for many years),
it would not have "Imported Metsatock Data" manually otherwise, and
the paths are correct.

as for the MS Plugin I have the Configure Paths to Metastock folders
set for all the folders I use for both MS and TS.

Your comment about a "crippled" MS Plugin intrigues me even though
the ticker names are there in the data AB has stored/or reads.

I will try to set up another machine tomorrow - and see if that
presents a different result.

BTW how do I delete the MSData data base only and leave the
QuoteTracker database in tact - is it a manual process by deleting
the folder eg C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\MSData? Is there any effect
on the registry settings?

Below from my original post:14/2/2009
-------------------------------------
Using AmiBroker 5.20 Professional edition.

Current Configuration:

Default load on startup uses local AB Quotetraker data base (for
intraday input - that works as required no problem there.

Metastock Plugin: New DB created called "MSData"
Data base settings are:
Metastock data Plug-in
Local data storage: Disable
Daily bars: 1000 (what ever!)
Base interval: End-of-Day

Configure:
All paths to Metastock data folders: are loaded
- retieved symbols (although I originally used Import MD Data to
populate the internal AB database during the trial AmiBroker test -
which did not allow saving a loacal database).
------------------------------

Thanks for your input
Still learning
Ed

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CS" <cesaxe@xxx> wrote:

> I have used the MS plugin for years and it works great for me so I
have a few questions:

> Is the MS plugin in the AmiBroker/Plugins folder?
>
> In FILE>DATABASE SETTINGS do you have Data Source: MetaStock data
plug-in selected ?
>     Local Data Storage: Disabled ?
>     Number of bars : 5000  (doesn't have to be this exact number)
>     Base time interval: End-of day ?
>
> In CONFIGURE :
>     Do the external MetaStock data files show up with the correct
path to them ?

> Using Windows, look inside the MS data folders.
> Is there one file named MASTER within each and every folder ?
> Is there one file named EMASTER within each and every folder ?
>
> What program are you using to update the data files within the
folders?
> Any other downloader other than MS Downloader might not be
creating and saving files in true MS format.
> TJ has crippled the part of the plugin which reads the ticker name
to 16 characters (out of 45 possible) for those who use data
providers which supply
> data in some screwy, sort-of, 'MetaStock format'.
>
> -CS

Amibroker MS plugin

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/