Re: [amibroker] SPSO vs Trib vs CMAE, was: random optimization?

Thanks for yr answer Steve. Your are talking about "IO Engines". Can you tell me which engines you are using ? AB's, Fred's IO or ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] SPSO vs Trib vs CMAE, was: random optimization?

Hi Ton - It is the norm for me, when I start an optimization, for AB to tell me that it will take several months or more to run, I think I remember a few where it said 50 or 100 *years*, something like that.  But with the IO engines you can go ahead and run it anyway, for me they always finish probably within an hour, sometimes much quicker.  The times can vary a bit, I think maybe it depends on where in the opt space they start, what paths they take from there and what it leads them to...  Sometimes they will finish and report results in 5 or 10 minutes, other times can be an hour or maybe a little more, most will be somewhere in the middle.  At least that is how it always works for me.  I definitely agree with you, I am not looking for peaks like the one you posted either but sometimes there are smaller and more profitable plateaus that are tradable for months and I like to at least find them and know they are there...

Steve