[amibroker] SPSO vs Trib vs CMAE, was: random optimization?

Steve,

I would like to hear more about your system optimization process. How
were you able to determine the size of the plateaus discovered by the
built-in optimizers, and how did you decide which solutions had the
best trade-off between plateau size and profitability?

Thanks,
another Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Hi - I have spent lots of time playing with the built-in intelligent
> optimizers, in my experience SPSO will return the same results every
time if
> the settings are the same. Trib and CMAE will probably return different
> results each time. FWIW, I find CMAE to be the worst of the three and I
> don't use it anymore, it will find plateaus but nearly always misses
the
> much more profitable but smaller plateaus. Using a quad-core I can
run 4
> simultaneous instances and I find that by running 1 SPSO and 3
Trib's and

**** IMPORTANT ****