Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 2:10 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker AFL Glossary project

Dingo,

Ok, I got the concept, but as you pointed out I have no idea how to deploy it in our case.  Also, it appears that it is usually coupled with a hierarchal organization, so that would be the categories part of the data.  From a top down point of view, a tool that was designed to display this organization would be neat, but from the bottoms up point of view, we still need the same data.  I am at a loss for how to bridge between the two in a practical way for this project (which is after all a very small data set).  This would probably be a piece of cake to write a jScript that could display what we want but I don't even know how to deploy that in the UKB context.  I am out of my element when it comes to web pages.  However, I am all ears.

On the other hand, I know how to put things into a spreadsheet, sort, show or hide columns, and format output.

I could even write an AFL routine that that would read in the raw data text, do all the searching and sorting and output a formatted result.  Now wouldn't that be a kick in the pants --LOL  ;)

Not sure I could handle links though.

BR,
Dennis