[amibroker] Re: Help Manual

> This is an ultra-rationalist creed...... it is not 'bad'......
> IMO "bad" is indefinite policies OR misleading people etc and you
>are
> not doing that.

If you are going to maintain the honesty please:

a) next time someone trys to start a discussion in this forum about
cost of AB, AB should put on staff, YaDa, YaDa tell them immediately,
in big capitals, that you don't want advice on how to run your
business.

Better still, make it officially OT in the forum guidelines.

Also, you started discussion on these topics many times in the past.

Please don't bring them up, or use them as excuses again... I am not
interested in your business details or your business... only your
product, its price and how to use it.;

b) add a prominent statement to the Homepage of AB to let people know
that AB is designed with the power user in mind, that it is necessary
to learn one or more programming languages to use it and that a level
of computer literacy is assumed.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> [...]
> - to them I am a dippy hippy (refer Fred) but you can see I can
laugh
> at myself and I can get along with your type
> - I said we need psychological balance, and that I have it, so now
> prove it (my first style is not ultra-rationalism but I learnt
about
> it from you and this forum and it has its uses)
> - I am sure your type hates issue talk, excess talk and OT topics
etc
> - AB is a business, not an open project and I am a client
> - I chose the product, at a business level, and I stay with it at a
> business level i.e. it does the job I bought it to do... I didn't
buy
> it because I need you or Fred to love me.... as long as I have a
> business need for it, and it meets that need, I will keep buying.
> - As I said to my dearly beloved Phsst, All this talk about whether
> you put on staff, whether AB is cheap,whether AB is the best is all
> hot air. We have filled this forum with it in my 10 years and thank
> God you have put an end to it once and for all... I am sure you
will
> have a lot less stress and more happier now that you have come out
of
> the closet
>
> > As for documenting "Prettify" function: sorry but this is as self-
> >explanatory as "File -> Save" command.
> > It was mentioned in the READ ME since beta and is also listed in
> >the User's Guide in What's new section.
>
> I searched Google... found three links ... they took me to the
> Devlog.... I followed the link from the DevLog and all I got
> was "Prettify function was added"
>
> However I did figure (based on several clues) that when I
downloaded
> 5.10 I didn't get the dll - thanks to Ken or Keith I don't have to
> email support because he reposted the download lnk yesterday.
>

> > The guide is not for 5-years-old. It assumes that readers know
> what "save", "open", "copy" and other
> > verbs mean. Again: the help is technical reference and makes
> assumptions about minimum skill level of
> > the user. AmiBroker generally speaking is for computer literate
> people (aka "power users").
>
> Well Fred thinks I am 12, so I pass the qualification.
>
> That's me... I am a 'wanna be' power user.
>
> I asked "What is the next stop on the AFL line?"
>
> You gave me the answer... thanks.
>

> My decisions (you see I am very decisive too):
>

> Like Paul Ho, I have friends to dine with and lots of things I like
> to do.
>
> I can look after myself - contrary to what some may think I almost
> never asked a question in this forum and hardly sent any questions
> AB asking what to do ... certainly less than my share.
>
> I will not do any projects with you, or help you ... AB is a
business
> and not a charity or an open project.
>
> Also, you are an autocrat and I am stubborn and like my own way..
not
> a good combination.
>
> I won't do any hand holding in this forum... no answers for newbies
> here ... if you have a question go ask AB support.
>
> Where I do help I will only be doing it to help other users and not
> AB or Tomasz.
>
> I will talk less (hooraah shouts a chorus of ultra-rationalists)
and