[amibroker] AMICUP: Anyone actually making money?

making money will be always more difficult because professional
investor are using more and more sophisticated tools which are not
available to small investors

if anybody can really make 30% would be hired immediately by a fund
since as far as I know only reinassance techonologies and few others
was able to keep such a stable performacce

markets dont follow any law, they do what the participant make them
doing, so any system can fail after being successful for 100 years,
and the big fishes can easily manipulate markets with their capitals

nobody has a successful system would make it public since it would
than reduce its profitability, so all you can find in books is
basically useless

reinassance technologies hires people with no financial background at all

of course if you mange 100k usd or less you can have some good
performacce since is a very little capital,

why don't we open a trading competition to check all this performances?

it would be fun, and could also make amibroker more famous ... may be
not so good since than, we would loose our competitive advantage

Let's call it AMICUP. Who is in?

regards
ly

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <professor@xxx> wrote:

> Fred,
>
> You are right. I have written several systems that will produce a
profit when I backtest them. I have one that showed a profit for 50
years trading every stock in the DIA. However, it doesn't work when I
backtest it this year. I don't use optimize, but I do make change to
get better results. I also agreed that anyone buying a system should
get proof that it works and is profitable by getting a statement to
prove that it was traded profitably.

> Thanks for your comments,
> Tom

year end audited brokerage statement for the last 10 years .
Everything else is some form of fish story which gets better and
better as time goes by .

On Behalf Of brian_z111