[amibroker] Re: Data importing help please

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Hello imorf69,
>
> I don't use CT but I am a little familiar with the product:
>
> Isn't the format of the daily files either Metastock or CSV?
>
> If MS then you should only need to save the daily file in a common
> folder and use AB's Metastock plugin to 'read' them seamlessly.
>
> Also automating common tasks like file download/save etc can be
done,
> fro example, using scripting if you are programming orientated
(there
> has been past discussion and examples of this are around or
possibly
> someone will give you a lead if you are interested).
>
> I think there are also GUI programs, for nonprogrammers, that can
be
> used to autodownload/save the files - like using macros in excel
> (once again there was some examples given in the past/if you
indicate
> a specific interest you might get a fresh lead).
>
> Plus - the CT owner is very AB aware - possibly he can help you (I
> tried a historical CD from CT and it was quite well presented and
the
> historical data was in native AB format or at least seamless so CT
is
> AB friendly).
>
> brian_z

Hi brian_z
I started the thread, imorf69 was kind enough to reply.
CT supply many formats, I use pure padded as I dont want options,
warrants etc.
To use MS via plug in do I have to set up another database or will it
work on current DB? ( I really understand very little).
I looked at some scripting but it's beyond my capabilities, I dont
even know what GUI programs mean.
Thanks for your interest & help but it's proberly best if I stick to
manual for the time being.
Cheers
woz