[amibroker] Re: Data importing help please

Sorry about mixing up your names.

For future reference:

Metastock has its own format, which is an informal standard used by a
lot of charting programs.
A MS database is separate to AB - usually stored in a Metastock
folder.
Have a look in the AB help manual if you want to see how to use the
MS plugin - AB will read it directly as smoothly as if it is a local
AB database - it is quite easy and the best way for you to do what
you want to do with the CT files.

When you import data into AB, via CSV, is is saved in the AB
directory in the AB format.

> To use MS via plug in do I have to set up another database or will
>it
> work on current DB?

Yes you can continue on with your current database but you need to
learn at how to use the plugin first.

> I looked at some scripting but it's beyond my capabilities, I dont
> even know what GUI programs mean.

GUI means graphical user interface - there are some small programs
around that allow automating simple tasks with out having to write
scripts.

brian_z

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gold_downunder"
<gold_downunder@xxx> wrote:

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello imorf69,
> >
> > I don't use CT but I am a little familiar with the product:
> >
> > Isn't the format of the daily files either Metastock or CSV?
> >
> > If MS then you should only need to save the daily file in a
common
> > folder and use AB's Metastock plugin to 'read' them seamlessly.
> >
> > Also automating common tasks like file download/save etc can be
> done,
> > fro example, using scripting if you are programming orientated
> (there
> > has been past discussion and examples of this are around or
> possibly
> > someone will give you a lead if you are interested).
> >
> > I think there are also GUI programs, for nonprogrammers, that can
> be
> > used to autodownload/save the files - like using macros in excel
> > (once again there was some examples given in the past/if you
> indicate
> > a specific interest you might get a fresh lead).
> >
> > Plus - the CT owner is very AB aware - possibly he can help you
(I
> > tried a historical CD from CT and it was quite well presented and
> the
> > historical data was in native AB format or at least seamless so
CT