Re: [amibroker] Re: Study Charting dare I say bugs...How to vote?

tipequity,

Thank you for letting us know that this thread is irrelevant to you.

Since I do not use AA at all, fixes to its bugs (if it has any) and
any new features would not have any relevance to my AFL work or effect
my trading.  I dare say few customers use all of AB features.
However, I do not begrudge other AB customers having their needs
filled.  There are many customers and many needs.

This is not a thread about adding new features though, it is about
making the features that are already offered work properly (from at
least my point of view), and why they are not just cosmetic fixes for
those who use them for trading.

As for your suggestion about voting for bug fixes -- that is not an
issue in my mind, if it is a bug it should be fixed (within a
reasonable time frame).  If it is not going to be fixed, then it
should be documented as a feature, but not ignored.

As far as voting on enhancement requests, I try to do that, but there
is no "Vote for this" feature that I have seen.  Instead I have to
make a comment.  Hard to tally comments into a priority rank of yes
votes without reading them all.  I read every new request and add a
comment if I can think of something worthwhile to add to the request
or support it.  However, very few will go to that trouble and just use
it as a suggestion drop box.  Are you doing your part in this regard?

I have been part of forums that give each member 100 votes to spend as
they see fit.  You can use any number of your votes on any bug or
suggestion that you want to support.  You can also reclaim your votes
at any time you want to redistribute your votes, and when a thing has
been done you get your votes back.  Sorting by votes let you know what
things people feel strongly about.  This is something that can be
suggested when suggestions are re-enabled.

I have seen how things work after a couple of years here, and like it
or not, "voting" happens on this list via discussions.  There are pros
and cons to this.  It is virtually the only way to get immediate
feedback from other users and sometimes from TJ about if a suggestion
has merit or if there is another way to do the same thing.  I have had
both the experience of an idea developing into a better idea through
this list, and also having an idea trashed because I did not
understand the problem properly and came away with a solution that
works.  The negative side of all this is that there are many on the
list who don't have a clue and are just trying to learn the basics.
However, those who know the answers also hang out on this list and
they are the ones that these kind of posts are addressed to.

New features are rarely added just like the "drop box" suggestions in
any case, but mostly serve to influence capabilities to major
functionality additions or changes when Tomasz works in that area
next.  Tomasz has his own ideas about how to add new features, and he
does a pretty good job at making improvements that are more than the
sum of the suggestions.  I am sure that he occasionally solicits some
of his advanced users for their opinions.

Good trading to you,
Dennis