Re: [amibroker] Re: Set buyprice and sell price

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your reply.  This is a tough nut to crack for me.

I am using  5-minute bars in my database, so this shouldn't be a problem.

I want to look ahead for this particular reason: I want to set the buyprice at the close of the first 5-minute bar out of the next 15-minute bar.  If I have a signal at 10:00, I want the price to be the close at 10:00.  I understand that I must work in 5-minute bars to do this because I can't go from 15 to 5 but only from 5 to 15, but does it mean I would have to compress all my data because everything else is based on 15-minute bars?

The Buy>1.45 and Sell<50 is simply to see if the code works.  Of course it would give me signals everywhere, but I want to see if the signals are at the right place.  Right now, it simply does not work at all.

I tried this, based on your own formula, butit still isn't it:

TimeFrameSet( in15Minute);

test = C>2;

TimeFrameRestore();

test2 = TimeFrameExpand(test, in15Minute);

Buy = test2;
Sell=C>10;

I'm really confused.  All I want to do is to be able to work with 15-minute bars and set a buyprice at 5-minute bar Close after the signal.  If I need to set the periodicity to 5-minute bars and compress each and every signal to 15-minute, I'll do it.  But I don't know how to do it, unfortunately, even after reading all the timeframe section in the manual...

Thank you for your help,

Louis