RE: [amibroker] [OT] Using Multiple ISPs

Herman
How many tickers are you streaming at the same time? Have you checked your traffic statistics to see if your bandwidth is full. It can be easily checked against any speed test site. If you can achieve much higher bandwidth in your speed test than streaming data. then throttling might come from esignal or whoever sends the data
/Paul.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Herman
Sent: Friday, 13 June 2008 12:41 PM
To: dingo
Subject: Re: [amibroker] [OT] Using Multiple ISPs

Thanks d,

The daily data download is getting more time consuming as I add foreign markets. Also it appears that there is some download throttling going on by the ISPs here, this will undoubtedly get worse. And then I may want to try adding a real-time component to an EOD system. Having the Internet go down during order placement, or having slow data during the market Open/Close, can be quite frustrating... even costly. So, I thought to be proactive and learn what is available nowadays.

herman

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/