Re: [amibroker] OT: XP / Vista

TJ,

quite frankly, I find it a little bit strange that you recommend to
disable UAC - it's an important security feature in Vista after all.
The reason why AB doesn't work with UAC is the same reason why AB
doesn't work properly in a limited user account under XP. I know that
most XP users are permanently logged on as admin. Nevertheless, any
application compliant to the Microsoft standards should save its
settings and data in the respective c:\Documents and Settings\<user>
folder (and - if needed - in the respective HKCU registry branch) as
all newer applications do.

AB simply doesn't do that. I tried it: I changed all paths in the
settings menu and AA to another folder and moved the relevant
subfolders to that folder, but AB still tries to save some data in c:
\Program Files. And that's also the reason why it doesn't work with UAC
under Vista. The only way how to circumvent this problem is either
installation in a folder different from c:\Program Files where the user
has write permission or to start AB with admin rights every time. But
that's really not what's intended.

Are you planning to change that behaviour in the foreseable future?

Best regards,

Thomas