[amibroker] Re: How to download multiple tickers

Louis,

Not sure if I can help but let's sort out your question to give you a
better chance of getting an answer.

You are subscribed to DTN IQ Real Time ?
You have set up a database as per Tomasz's DTN IQ video?
You have 6000 tickers in that database (that you imported from
somewhere) - where and how?

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis Préfontaine"
<rockprog80@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> If I understand what you mean, there is no simple way to get all
the data
> for the 6000+ tickers in my database, except clicking on each one,
one by
> one, and waiting for Amibroker to download the data from my
provider?  That
> will take months!
>
> Anyone has any idea how to make that process faster?
> Thanks,
>
> Louis
>
> 2008/3/14, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx>:
> >
> >   Louis,
> >
> > > It is not exactly what I mean... What I would like to know is if
> > >it is
> > > possible to use Amiquote to download quotes directly from DTN
and
> > >not from
> > > Yahoo.
> >
> > No, AQ is configured for a limited number of providers (free and
or
> > cheap with some different instruments) for training and for those
of
> > us who need/want cheap data.
> >
> > Look in the AQ dropdown box for the available servers.
> >
> > > As for using the .tls files from Amiquote, I will try this and
will
> > >consult
> > > the UKB to see if I can do it, but I would prefer DTN (or
another
> > provider)
> > > rather than Yahoo.
> >
> > That is fine.
> > AB is about choice.
> >
> > In that case the UKB is only helpful for finding and importing
ticker
> > lists and setting up categories (if your provider doesn't do that
for
> > you).
> >
> > If you do want to import .tls ticker lists the ASCII import wizard
> > can read them directly.
> >
> > DTN is completely separate from AmiQuote.
> >
> > I can't help with methods for commercial providers.
> > There are too many and I don't want to mess up the commercial
> > relationship with their clients anyway.
> >
> > brian_z
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis
> > Préfontaine"
> > <rockprog80@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Brian,
> > >
> > > It is not exactly what I mean... What I would like to know is if
> > it is
> > > possible to use Amiquote to download quotes directly from DTN
and
> > not from
> > > Yahoo. That way, I would have all my quotes from the same
source,
> > which is
> > > surely more reliable than Yahoo. Do you think it can be done?
> > >
> > > As for using the .tls files from Amiquote, I will try this and
will
> > consult
> > > the UKB to see if I can do it, but I would prefer DTN (or
another
> > provider)
> > > rather than Yahoo.
> > >
> > > Thanks,